VOICE OF INDIAN
Monday, March 12, 2012
Questions & ANSWERES for interview
1. What is RTI?
Getting information has been made as a right .
To contain corruption transparent administration was felt necessary by the Govt. Therefore , in this Act., to ensure such transparency all the State Governments and the Central Govt. and their instrumentalities are made accountable ( answerable ) to the citizen.
Thus all the Indian citizens have the right have all informations, verify , find out good and bad and suggest or criticise or complaint to restore justice.
2. When did it came in to effect?
Given approval by the President of India on 15-05-2005 and came to force on 12-10-2005
3. Its fundamental rights, then why we need an act to give us this right?
Previous to 12-10-2005, the right to information was not the Fundamental right. It has been made as fundamental right only in 2009, through special amendment.
4. Who are all covered under RTI?
All the authorities ( head office ) in the office of the all the State Governments and the Central Govt. and their instrumentalities, all over India .
5. Are private bodies covered under RTI Act?
Yes . Please read carefully sec. 2f . But it is the duty of the Public Authority ie. the officer of the Govt. who has the control over such private bodies to obtain information from the private bodies and furnish us.
6. Isn’t official secrets act 1923 an obstacle to the implementation of RTI act?
No. It has become void immediately after enactment of this RTI Act.,
7. Can PIO refuse to give information?
Yes. If it fall uder sec. 8 ie. exempted informations.
8. Who will supply information?
PIO alone authorized to supply informations.
9. What is the remedy for non acceptance of application by PIO’s/APIO’s?
Besides, making appeal to the next authority ,we may make complaint to the Govt., of India or State as the case may be.
10. What are the steps involved in application (1st appeal & 2nd appeal) submitted and receiving information and the time limits?
Ist appeal after 30 days, from the date of first application u/s 6(1) .
Second appeal u/s 19(1) ,after 30 days from the date of first appeal .
Same time limit for insufficient and incorrect information received.
11. Will this law working effectively?
Yes. This is the one and only Act., which activate all the laws. The Offcials and Govr. Scare only about this law. But the people are yet to aware of this. If this law is utilized by atleast 10 % of population , corruption will definely minimize even before it takes place. ie. Prevention of corruption and maladministration.
. Users can alone understand this, because they achived . Non-users still go with corruption
12. What are rights are available under RTI act 2005?
Please ref. aswer to question No. 1