We pay our hearty respects to your good office.
We are proud to say that under your esteemed leadership the AIDMK got thundering victory both in Assembly and Civic Polls in Tamil Nadu. The overall sweep in the Civil Poll is never n the history of Tamil Nadu, is nothing but another record to prove the metal of your eminent leadership. These victories also speask about the Tamil Nadu people’s highest hope and belief with your good office.
At this juncture, being a partriotic media person, I belive that your good office is well aware of the fact that to ensure GOOD GOVERNANCE prime important factors are uprooting Corruption, malfeasances , other evils and also stream lining the administration. For this hardest task all the implementing agencies requires to be watched from root level itself, only with the people’s support.
I also hope that your good office never fail to gear-up the machinery to work with doubled vigour to remove the deep rooted Corruption at all stages..
Though your good office is second to none to understand the ways and means to remove such hurdles, it is my social obligation to palce the following before your good office.
1) Corruption is the basic reason for all the maladies and social evils, which alone pave the way for the denial or deprival of all the benefits and rights of the needy public, particulary the poor.
2) Unfortunately such corruption has reached its peak , which could not hitherto be curbed or at least checked only through the Govt. machinaries viz. inspection authroties ( L&O, Crime, intelligence vigilance wings etc., of the) Police forces.
3) For the reasons best known to everybody, the above machineries too at several stages become corrupt and aligned with those corrupts.
4) Bearing the above and some other factors , RIGHT has been given to every Indian Citizen through the RTI Act., 2005 to contribute their might to prevent and disclose corruption and other malfeasances then and there. This right is making every patriotic honest citizen to act as a Singleman vigilance team, at ground level
5) Such a mighty RTI Act., 2005 is in no way lesser than the Lokpal bill under process. Infcat the Lokpal is for post operation but the RTI Act., is for prevention before occurance of offence and also to draw the attention of the Govt. whenver and wherever necessary .
6) According to us, besides several supplementary points, the prime points for growing up all the Corruption including the land scam etc., in Tamil Nadu, which has been stridently mentioned by your good office in ELECTION CAMPAIGN are:-
i) made the people to keep mum by threat.
ii) deprived the people’s right to information. And
iii) made the Tamil Nadu Information Commission to be a silent, by appointing inefficient and wrong persons and also by keeping some 8 Information Commissioners Post vacanct . These wrongs were calculatingly done by the erstwhile Govt.
7) We, with utmost responsibility, several times disclosed in our NEETHIYIN KURAL telecast . and also disclosed in a wide manner through our telecast the unlawful way adopted in appointing the Chief Information Commissioner Mr. K.S. Sripathi and other three Information CommissionersViz. Smt. Sarada Nambi Arooran, Dr. R. Perumal Samy and Sri.T. Srinivasan and also the ill-motive for not filled-up remaining 8 Information Commissioners.
8) The very basic ill-idea for appointing in-efficient persons as Commissioners and for appointing Mr. K.S. Sripathi as Chief Commissioner over night is verymuch known to all .
9) Te Tamil Nadu Information Commission is therefore in a dismal condition as briefed below: -
i) The Chief Information Commissioner and other Information commissioners have prematurely shelved several thousands of files even without giving information to the applicants, which encouraged the offensive politicians and officials and paved the way to grow corruption .This act them violates the very basic purpose of the RTI Act.,
ii) The Chief Information Commissioner did not send his annual reports to the Govt. of Tamil Nadu , as compelled in sec. 25 of the RTI Act.,and helped the erstwhile Govt. to escape without placing such report in the Assembly all along its tenure. This act of the T.N.Information commission violates sec. 25 of the RTI Act.,
iii) The Chief Information Commissioner and other Information commissioners have totally failed to account for all the second appeals and complaints received from 2006 to 2011 and thus the information commission itself is unable to furnish information on this issue.
iv) All most all the orders of the Commissioners are vague, since the Information Commissioners themselves do not know the RTI Act., administrative procedure and the Civil Court procedure etc., as required in sec. 15 of the RTI Act.,
v) The above are all paved the way for making the RTI Act., to be silent in Tamil Nadu , which resulted in un-checked enormous corruption including swindling huge money in all most all the Govt. Schemes.
10) We therefore of the opinion that the immediate need to prevent corruption then and there and also to bring to light the corruption taken place in the previous regime is nothing but the one seeking the assistance of the people / citizens by ensuring back their right under RTI Act., . On the other hand the Tamil Nadu Information Commission has to be re-vamped, besides taking action against the Commissioners for following abnormality.
i) The then Chief Secretaries of Govt. of Tamil Nadu have failed to obtain the annual report of TN Information Commission and to place it before the Assembly, all along during period from 2006 to 2010 . This should be condemned and the persons responsible should be placed under suspension for having dishonored the constitutional obligation in this regard all along for the past five years..
ii) The Chief Commissioners and Information Commissioners who have prematurely closed several thousands of case files /shelved /or left without final orders should be immediately removed from their post through proper impeachment in the Tamil Nadu Assembly, for their intentional dereliction of duty and inefficiency.
iii) The Tamil Nadu Information Commission may be given re-birth by appointing fresh 10 Commissioners and one Chief Information Commissioner, so as to make use of the services of the people to assist the Govt. in disclosing and preventing corruption at initial stage itself.,which is the ONE AND ONLY LAWFUL WAY IN THE DEMOCRACY to eradicate corruption and other consequential evils .
We conclude this representation with the fullest hope that your good office will take immediate action to concede our justifiable request at the earliest.